Monday, November 29, 2010

YOOOOO Gabba Gabba!

We spent Thanksgiving at home just the four of us...it was not really a Holiday..just another day of the week since we sit down at the table for dinner almost every single night. So...we tried to make up for it the rest of the weekend.

San Diego did NOT disappoint the tourists this weekend! It was chilly...actually REALLY chilly, but the sun was shining and it was gorgeous! We have woken up to frosty white grass every morning, but by 10am, the weather is close to 70 degrees!

Here's a little rundown of the rest of our weekend...

Mexican food picnic at Torrey Pines Beach on Friday




James was golfing so I was alone with the kids all day Saturday...thought I'd brave the crowds and take the kids to see the "Surfing Santa" at Seaport Village. The crowds won...I drove around the parking lot with all of the other parents looking for a spot that did not exist and finally gave up. Cool mom mode kicked in and I said "Hey kids...You want to go to Sea World?" I won the cool mom prize that day! We have passes so going for a few hours does not hurt the wallet!

This is now my FAVORITE thing at Sea World. It's kind of hidden, but it's the underwater viewing area at the "Dine with Shamu" tank. It's awesome to be so close to such a large animal! I have so much respect for the trainers. It really sucks that they don't get in the water with them at the shows anymore, but hopefully someday we will see that again. The interaction between the trainers and the whales is amazing. (I always dreamed of being a Shamu trainer when I was young...can you tell?)

This Dolphin was SO friendly! It wasn't feeding time and they normally don't come up to the sides unless you have a $6 tray of fish in your hands...but this guy was different! He just wanted to be splashed! We splashed and splashed and he was "eating" the water! The people next to us were petting him. I couldn't get Chasey close enough and keep a hold of Cash too. But...he was right there and we had such a great time watching him entertain us!

and my last picture from Sea World....look how cute my kids are! They were being so well behaved for me! They fight a ton these days so it was really great to get out of the house and not have any issues for the afternoon!


Then...something we've been waiting for since May! YO GABBA GABBA LIVE! at the Sports Arena! I bought tickets the DAY that they went on sale back in May and we never told the kids we were going. Chasey wasn't too thrilled when we first got there...she's a little too "cool" for Gabba...or so she thinks! About 20 minutes into it, she was up dancing and singing and yelling YOOOO GABBA GABBA!!! Such a fun (expensive) night with the kids! At least the tickets were paid for months ago...when I sitll had a job! ha Cash had a blast! Well...he sat on James lap the entire time clutching the balloon that came down from the ceiling...but...his eyes were fixed on the stage and we woke up this morning to Cash singing "There's a party in my tummy...so yummy" in his bed!

Late lunch at Phil's BBQ before the show...SO good!


DJ "Cash"





Whew...that was a long one....If you made it this far...Have a great night! Time for bed...

ps-I'm now writing for www.babyrazzi.com too! Nothing posted yet, but I'm their new product review mom! I love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment