Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Snow Day....

I live in one of the best places on Earth!! (I wonder if Snapple is made here? It IS made with the best STUFF on earth, right? hee hee)

20 minute drive to the West...gets me here...

1 hour drive to the East...gets me here...

Since we had so much rain last week, James and I surprised the kids Sunday morning and took them sledding in the snow!! We packed up the car (even hid the sled under a towel) and told the kids to get bundled up...It drove Chasey INSANE that we wouldn't tell her where we were going!! That was the BEST part!! She did guess it when I told her to put on leggings under her sweats...but I told her she was wrong and she didn't know where we were going! Bad mom!
It was well worth the fibbing though! The kids got a sled from Santa (just in case we woke up on a Sunday morning and wanted to drive to the mountains...we didn't want to go "sled-hunting" at all the sporting goods stores) We did some serious sledding...both kids loved it and went down on their own. I don't have any pictures of the actual sledding because I got a video camera for Christmas and I video'd (sp?) it all and then went to the car and switched cameras so I could take a few still shots!

a small tumble!


I love this man.....for being so great to them....


I can't wait to go back....

1 comment: