Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Speech...

So...today I used my best "Mommy Judgement" and pulled Cash out of Speech Therapy. I'm a little torn on this, but honestly...I think he's progressing just fine. I mean really...how much can he learn in the one hour per week playing with his speech therapist? I think the other 167 hours per week are helping him grow and learn and progress just like any normal kid.

My thinking is this...why on earth would his speech teach EVER tell me he's ok and doesn't need to go anymore when they get paid by the state for him to be there? (Thanks to Arnold though, the funding for early intervention is going away and soon I will have to use our insurance which is a $20 co-pay every time we go...which adds up quickly!) If I honestly felt like he needed it and it made a huge difference I would pay whatever it took to get him up to speed...but I just don't feel like it's the only thing in his life that is making his speech improve.

Cash is only 2 1/2 and has been in speech since before he was 2 years old. Many kids don't talk at 2 and end up just fine. My grandma told me that my mom didn't talk until she was almost five and now you can't get her to shut up! haha...We love Grandma "Wacky"!

So...as much as we LOVE our really cute speech therapist girl. I cut her off. I felt like I was breaking up with her when I talked to her on the phone. She even said "so, that's it?" I think she liked us as much as we liked her! I have her email...I'll send her pictures of the kids!

He may not talk much...but he catches bees with his bare hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment