Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentines Dinner...

The kids are going to their dads for the weekend so we had Valentines dinner a little early. Do you do a special Valentines themed meal? Am I the only crazy mom?
Our menu...
PINK mashed potatoes with heart shaped butter!
Panko crusted chicken with mozzarella and PINK vodka sauce (this is Chasey's plate...she wasn't going for the sauce, so it's missing from the picture)
Corn....just because its one of the few veggies my kids will eat and I wasn't sure how to turn it pink! :)
PINK white Chocolate pudding
Cherry 7-up and Red Wine for the adults!

Some people think I'm crazy (James), but I really love doing "special" meals and small things for holidays. I think the kids really enjoy it...I know Chasey does. I don't feel like I go overboard...not yet at least! :) Cash doesn't care...he just reaps the benefits of actually getting to eat dessert! (We always eat late and it's too late for dessert...so my poor underprivileged children rarely get it)

Here are a few pics from our special dinner!

My little helper...



cute plates from Target


So...I guess if you write the word "Antioxidant" on a 2 liter bottle of soda...some people actually believe that it's healthy? Really?


He ate his pudding...and stole his sisters when she got up to grab something in the kitchen! Little stinker!



We had cinnamon toast with PINK sugar and strawberry smoothies for breakfast today! Then I sent them on their way! Love you babies! I'll be snowboarding in Big Bear all weekend! Have a great weekend at your dad's! You have made the smallest of holiday's SO much bigger and better for me! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Mel, I made baked panko crusted chicken w/mozzarella on Friday too! But not the cute way that you did. Such a cute dinner and breakfast you did! Hope you're having fun at Bear:)

    ReplyDelete